When we think of what makes a true supercar we think of immense power, electrifying speed, great looks, and unbeatable luxury. They are the cars that people dream of driving and the cars that steal the show at the biggest motoring events.
Here's our pick of the best 7 supercars in 2022:
- Mercedes-Benz AMG GT
- Audi R8 V10 Quattro
- McLaren 720S
- Ferrari SF90 Stradale
- Aston Martin Superleggera
- Ferrari 488 Spyder
- Porsche 911 GT3
MERCEDES-BENZ AMG GT S
Boasting a 4.0-litre V8 Bi-Turbo engine, 510hp and taking a mere 3.5 seconds from 0-100km/h. The in-house designed Mercedes-Benz AMG GT S is a stunning sports car. The GT S model follows in the footsteps of the similar GT model. With its famous long-nosed bonnet and distinctive taillights, this new sportier upgrade is electric from the get-go.
Exclusively available with the GT S comes the AMG DYNAMIC PLUS package, offering drivers increased agility and dynamism giving you a truly race-car feeling.
- Distinctive design and shape. This sports car won't look like anything else in the market
- High performance - from accelerating to braking the AMG GT S mixes precision with technology beautifully.
- Exclusive Dynamic Plus - Experience more with Mercedes unique plus package.
The open-top version of the Audi R8 V10 Quattro is truly breathtaking. The previous R8 already perfectly combined the striking aesthetic and performance associated with a great supercar – but it has been enhanced further with the thrill of open-top driving.
The Audi R8 has the perfect combination of exclsuvie design and super car driving experience, design features include the wide, flattened Singleframe and the air intake slots under the bonnet express the dynamics of the super sports car.
- V10 mid engine with up to 620 horsepower
- Open-top driving in a breathtaking design
- Packed with advanced technology from a virtual cockpit to Bang & Olufsen surround system
- 19-inch alloy wheels as standard
The clue is in the name. The McLaren 4.0 litre twin turbocharged V8 engine delivers 720 horsepower. With the innovative, Comfort, Sport and Track modes you can drive the way you want to. No matter the journey.
The McLaren 720S is built for purpose and beauty, with Dihedral doors turning heads whilst cooling the high temperature radiator through air channels, as well as helping you access tighter parking spaces. Just one example of how you can look the part whilst benefiting from innovative British engineering.
- 720S Spider features a solid carbon fibre monocoque that acts as the backbone to the car
- The high-resolution Central Infotainment Screen featured in the 720S provides the ideal driving experience
- 720S Spider is capable of reaching a stunning top speed of 212mph, due to the innovative lightweight options fitted
Ferrari SF90 Stradale
Ferrari's first PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric) production car, the Ferrari SF90 Stradale. Not only is this the first plug-in hybrid Ferrari has produced, but it also stands above its predecessors with unrivaled performance. Achieving a top speed of 340km/h and taking a mere 2.5 seconds to reach 100km/h.
Breaking more boundaries, this Ferrari is also the first model to include 4WD. This gives the Hybrid car unbelievable grip and speed and helps it achieve intense acceleration.
- Ferrari's first PHEV model
- Ferrari's first 4WD model
- Top speed of 340km/h and 0-100km/h in 2.5 seconds
Aston Martin Superleggera
Without question, Aston Martin knows how to mix elegant design with superior performance. The Aston Martin Superleggera is no exception to the brand. With its famous low profile and instantly recognisable front grille, the Superleggera is a suitable replacement for the Vanquish S.
With a new design and sleek finish, the Superleggera is also Aston Martin's most powerful and fastest road car produced. Boasting a top speed of 211mph and reaching 62mph in just 3.4 seconds.
- Featuring a V12 Twin Turbo achieving a top speed of 211mph
- A replacement model for the Vanquish S
- Aston Martins fastest and most powerful model produced to date
Ferrari 488 Spyder
For those worried that the performance of the open-top version won’t match up to its 488 GTB sibling, you need not worry. The 488 Spider can reach 0-62 mph in just 3 seconds thanks to its 3.9-litre V8, which has a power output of 661 bhp and can generate a top speed of 205 mph.
- Ferrari's most powerful convertible
- The unique design means aerodynamics are unaffected with the roof up or down
- Take advantage of the occasional sun or avoid the rain. Close or open the roof in under 14 seconds at speeds of up to 30mph
Porsche 992 GT3
A powerful design, a striking new exterior and an unmistakable look for the new 911 GT3, The 911 range continues to be a top pick for car lovers out there, However the 911 GT3 is something quite extraordinary. Being power by a 4.0 litre six cylinder naturally aspirated engine it is capable of 510 horsepower, flying from 0-62mph in an unbelievable 3.4 seconds. This might not stack up against some of the other players on this list, but you'll be achieving it at the wheel of one of the most exciting cars on the market. The new 911 GT3 is heavily inspired by Porsche Motorsport with many of the design elements coming directly from Motorsport vehicles making it an absolute icon amongst the other GT models in the Porsche range.
Key features include:
- New rear wing with swan neck connection to increase down-force
- Extended opening on the front apron
- Carbon bonnet with integrated air outlets inspired by Motorsport
Together we share a passion for all things cars. At Jardine, we understand putting your vehicle in the trust of someone else is hard, so we have made it smooth and painless. Every Jardine Motors Group location is fully equipped with cutting-edge diagnostic and repair equipment, allowing us to pinpoint any potential issues with your vehicle model.
You might also like
Take a look at our YouTube channel, where you’ll find everything from car reviews to expert advice on everything happening at Jardine.